D E N I A L
- I seem to be getting a little sniffle. It’s just a sore throat though, it won’t turn into anything else.
- HAS SOMEONE TURNED OFF THE HEATING?!?! Why is it like the arctic in here???
- Ok so I seem to be slightly blocked in one nostril, but no matter! My Positive Mental Attitude will get me through this.
- Last time I was ill I was a total wuss. What’s there to moan about? It’s just a cold…
- I’m not gonna call in sick tomorrow, I’m going to beat this.
- Mum said SHE had the same cold as me and it DIDN’T go to her nose! Wahoo! I’m saved.
- PLUS I am younger and fitter than my mum, so I should beat this in no time.
- Perhaps if I just look up some helpful hints online about how to beat a cold. Just in case.
A N G E R
- Who was the foul vermin that gave me this cold?
- Why does my face hurt?
- Perhaps if I put make-up on I will just feel better??? Nope it just hurts. Anything touching my skin hurts.
- If I see one more person at work with a cold I shall berate them in front of the whole office. Who the hell do they think they are, coming here spreading their germs about. *looks at colleagues in disgust*
- I don’t think my work chums are getting my coughing hint as “make me more tea”. First they pass on their germs, now they leave me to die of thirst.
- Everything I eat tastes of sawdust.
A C C E P T A N C E
- I may never breathe again.
- How exactly am I meant to sleep breathing through my mouth like some sort of animal?? I won’t do it…
- I only needed 2 hours sleep anyway
- Should I wake my boyfriend up to update him on my illness?
- Maybe if I blow my nose enough times he will just wake up and then inundate me with sympathy. Good plan.
- Is it normal to have blood from blowing your nose too much? Perhaps I should wake the BF…
- Well I’m never sleeping again. Might as well get up and go downstairs.
- It’s cold down here. I want to be in my bed. But I also want to watch Harry Potter from start to finish to distract me from my woes.
- Look at them at Hogwarts just breathing through their noses like it’s nothing.
- Do you remember that time when I could breath through my nose? Yeah, that was fun.
- I miss breathing through my nose.
- When I can breathe through my nose again, I’m going to be so productive. I’m gonna take long walks outside and be more active. Yes definitely. This will happen…..